There’s a new version of ThemeStarta on the block and it’s awesome!
Head to your Member Dash to download it now.
Version 2.1 of ThemeStarta brings with it a couple of minor bug fixes, and a couple of fairly major changes.
Newly Designed Full Screen Theme Editor
Leading the pack is the newly designed full screen editing interface. No longer are you stuck working in WordPress’ cramped admin area, or with its default interface styles. We have reworked the interface with unique ThemeStarta specific styling so you have the maximum amount of space to work in and a layout that works best for your needs.
We’ve had a handful of people try out the new interface so far and the unanimous feedback is that it’s a vast improvement that makes editing much easier and more pleasurable.
Check out a screenshot of the new interface below (click to view in actual size):
New Site Wrapper Controls
Another major addition is background and CSS3 controls for your entire site area. You can now control the presentation of your “Site Wrapper” in the same way you can the individual blocks of your theme. This means an easy way to add a site wide background color, border, rounded corners and drop shadows.
The Site Wrapper Background settings panel can now be found under Theme General Options & Backgrounds > Background.
The CSS3 Design Effects settings panel for the Site Wrapper can now be found under Theme General Options & Backgrounds > CSS3 Design Effects.
Direct Size & Position Controls in Spotlight
You can now directly enter the height, width and position settings you wish to have in the Spotlight Block for both your Slider and Post Outside Slider. Pixel perfect layout is now even easier.
Upgrading to ThemeStarta 2.1
- Uninstall and delete ThemeStarta 2.0
- Install and activate ThemeStarta 2.1
- Go to ThemeStarta > Theme Editor and click [Save Current Settings]
Saving will make the new settings panels and controls appear (as per above screenshots), but they will be blank.
- Theme General Options & Backgrounds > Background > Site Wrapper Background and to
- Theme General Options & Backgrounds > CSS3 Design Effects
- New redesigned full screen editing interface.
- Add background and CSS3 settings for entire site, i.e. drop shadows & curved corners.
- Made slider and post outside slider height, width & positioning directly editable.
- Made improvements to slider preview display.
- Fixed bug in slider layout engine.
- Fixed bug with two sidebar layout management.
- Added check for Suhosin PHP module and failsafe to protect settings during save in case of interruption to the process.